Are you unsure which of your priorities is most important for your future? Do you have plenty of […]
Your wardrobe is one of many lifestyle choices that can help you stay healthy and improve your self-confidence and self-esteem. Choose wisely when it comes to clothing, shoes and bags with these tips.
Improving Your Health with Clothing:
- Wear the correct size. Tight clothing can cause circulatory problems and aggravate high blood pressure. Buy clothing that fits comfortably. Use the size tags only as a guideline to help you choose – if seeing that tag upsets you, cut it out after you decide to keep the garment. Don’t let a size tag control your self-esteem or self-confidence. That goes for jewelry as well – choose what fits you and what is proportionally attractive for your ‘right now’ body.
- Dress for the climate. Let your local weather forecast help you decide what to wear. Harsh winters call for coats, hats, gloves and boots to help keep you healthy and comfortable. High heat and humidity is easier to bear when you’re decked out in light weight and loose fitting gear that allows air to circulate. Choose lightweight layers to help you transition from outdoor heat to indoor air conditioning.
- Protect yourself from the sun. Keep using your sunscreen and let your garments provide an additional line of defense. Hats shield the delicate skin on your face and neck year round. Toss on a tunic or sarong after your swim at the beach or pool.
- Customize your bra to your shape. Bras with adequate support help reduce back pain, and when supplemented by muscle-building exercise, can improve your posture. Specialty shops and department stores often offer free fittings. Fuller figures may need underwire and front hook closures – and the fuller your figure, the more closures (3 or more hooks versus 2) you may need.
- Shop for compression socks. Many doctors recommend compression socks for patients who are recovering from medical procedures or have conditions like diabetes that interfere with circulation. They’re also great for anyone who wants to boost blood flow or stands on their feet all day.
Do you struggle with self-doubt? Perhaps you often wonder if you’ve made the right decision on an important […]
If you want to make new friends and advance in your career, learn to connect with others through […]
I’m starting a periodic series of blog posts relating to Communication, which is an essential part of achieving […]