It isn’t hard to turn your life or a specific situation around – what you must do is to prepare the way, so to speak, for positive things to come to you. You may look at people around you and notice that they seem to have more positivity and good things happening for them than others. They seem to be overflowing with goodness and abundance, and looking at the, you may be wondering “What’s their secret? They have such a great life – full of happy occasions, progress and productivity…I want that kind of life too.”
Let’s begin by defining Abundance – here’s the definition provided by the website Dictionary.com:
1. an extremely plentiful or over-sufficient quantity or supply:
an abundance of grain.
2. overflowing fullness:
abundance of the heart.
3. affluence; wealth:
the enjoyment of abundance.
You might also have thought that the people who seem to have so many positive things going for them in the spiritual, physical, and emotional realms are just lucky. Good things just happen to them, right? Know that great things can happen to you, too, and there are specific actions you can take to attract positivity and invite more prosperity into your own life!
Try these strategies to usher greater abundance into your life:
- Get organized. When you keep all the things you own in order, everyday living is easier and less stressful. There’s a place for everything and everything is in its place. This literally helps to leave room in your life for abundance.
- Throw out old stuff. If you don’t use it anymore, get rid of it. Clear out clothing, appliances, gadgets, and anything else you no longer need or have a positive purpose for. Things that are old, broken, or unable to be cleaned up properly are just taking up space you could use for something that has more value to you. Lightening your storage “burden” can also help you feel lighter.
- Give away some of your possessions. Whether you pass along magazines you’ve already looked at or clothing that no longer fits, spread some of the abundance you have already. When you give to others, your heart opens up and good things can more easily make their way into your life.
- Find a place for possessions that are important to you. Provide each of your cherished items with a “home” within your home. When you take care of what you have, you’re acknowledging and showing respect for the abundance that’s already in your life.
- Use what you have. Take advantage of the items you’ve collected over the years. You obviously see them as having value, so why not put them to good use? You’ll feel more positive about life and will get in touch with the abundance you already have when you make use of your possessions the way they were meant to be used. Use the “good dishes” for meals instead of saving them for special occasions – make every day a little bit more special.
- Stop mindless purchases. Make a vow to avoid compulsively buying the next new gadget. If you always want the latest item on the market, look inside yourself and see what that’s all about. Also, remind yourself of all the “stuff” you’ve accumulated that you don’t use, or haven’t yet given away. After all, they were at one time the next new thing.
Take some time to figure out how you feel whenever you want to buy another new item. Recognize that you’ll hamper your efforts to invite abundance into your life if you keep spending money frivolously on random stuff, because there won’t be as many funds available for what’s important.
- Ask yourself what you need in your life right now. Learn to distinguish between “wants” and “needs.” If you do, you’ll find it actually takes very little to live a good life with purpose and abundance. As you learn to determine when you actually need something, you’ll experience more confidence in your own abilities to usher in abundance.
You may be surprised to learn that in order to invite abundance into your life, you can follow some fairly simple steps. There’s no magic secret to happiness. Anyone can cultivate it.
As you begin to truly cherish your possessions and take care of your home, you’ll find yourself loving your world and your circumstances more than ever. Your mind will be in tune with abundance and attract more of the same. You’ll begin living the abundant life you always dreamed of!