Although we’re all just trying to make it through life the best way we know how, it’s interesting to think about how conscious we are regarding what we are doing and the direction in which we are headed. Reflecting on what you can do, or are going to do next, will help you plan and accomplish your goals.
When you actively intend to do something, you are much more likely to succeed and actually do it.
Do you really know your intentions?
Here are a few reasons why you might want to take some time, put in some effort, and figure yours out today:
1. Intentions are extremely powerful. When you intend to do something, you create time in your schedule and set up situations so that you can be successful in your pursuit. In essence, once you truly know and commit to your intentions, you gain power via the knowledge and commitment that you cannot easily achieve by any other method.
2. Your intentions keep your plans in the forefront of your mind. Whenever you’re contemplating what you intend to do, your goals are reinforced and “cemented” in your mind. If you intend to lose weight, for example, you’ll catch yourself thinking about what you’ll do today to lose weight-what you’ll eat and how you’ll burn extra calories to get you closer to your goal.
* Your intentions set you on a path to excel because they are on your mind consistently.
3. You can have short-term intentions and longer term intentions. A short-term intention might be going to work every day and excelling in your everyday activities without waiting for a huge project to draw your energy.
* A longer term intention might be doing your best work consistently over a period of time, like 6 months or a year, so that you can earn a promotion.
* Ensure you have both levels of intentions – short and long-term – in place to keep you progressing in a positive direction.
4. You’re in control. When it comes to having intentions, it’s up to you to decide what positive things you want in life and what you’ll do to achieve them. A wonderful thing about intentions is that you make a conscious, intentional decision to accomplish something. You might reach your goal in a day, a week, a month, or some multiple of those time intervals, later during your lifetime.
* Intentions are a fascinating paradox because you control having intentions and your intentions, help drive (control) your actions. Ultimately, you’ll prosper because of them.
5. Having clear intentions gives you confidence. When you intend to do something, you’re optimistic because you know deep inside that you will do it. As a result, you become quite confident in your quest for the good life. You have a plan and you’re going for it.
* Your intentions bring self-assurance to galvanize your efforts to live your dreams with passion.
6. Others may start to view you as a role model. Many of us are looking for someone to look up to, to receive guidance from, and to set a clear, positive example for future actions. Your intentions say a lot about you and enable you to be the one that others look up to.
* As a role model, you’re more likely to rise to the occasion and continue setting up powerful intentions in your life to take you where you hope to go. Everybody wins when you know your intentions.
Your intentions bring you great power over your future.
You’ll live a life you truly want when you know what you’re going to do with it. Your intentions provide powerful guidelines, bring you confidence, and spark your motivation to live your best life each day!