An integral aspect of the human experience is striving to develop and improve yourself however you can. Although you may have heard of Reiki, you might not realize how you can raise your own level of development using Reiki treatments. Let’s start by exploring what Reiki actually is:
What is Reiki?
Reiki is an ancient art of healing first practiced in 1922 by Mikao Usui, a Japanese Buddhist. The practice eventually spread to the western world and has since morphed into what is known as “Western Reiki” techniques.
Here are some informative facts about Reiki:
1. Western Reiki includes 5-7 hand positions used by Reiki practitioners. These hand positions are used to affect the recipient’s “chakras” or “meridians,” locations of theoretical sacred energy reserves found throughout the body’s surface.
* The practitioner poses his hands in the hand positions near where the body’s energies are regulated to promote wellness and healing.
2. The Reiki practitioner might place his / her hands lightly on the body at the chakra points. They might look at the chakra point or even gently massage the chakra location in hopes of transferring energy to the recipient. Light tapping near the meridians or the practitioner blowing out air from the mouth might also be part of a Reiki treatment.
3. Some Reiki practitioners do not touch the recipient. Instead, they place their hands a few centimeters above the body’s surface to re-position the chakras’ energy.
4. The Reiki practitioner believes he / she is providing energy called, “ki,” through their palms. This is to balance the receiver’s body energies.
5. Although Reiki is an ancient practice, it isn’t supported by science. Research on Reiki has consistently come up with no real evidence of the “life force,” or ki, or how it can impact the individual, positively or otherwise. You must make the decision to believe that the practice can help you – and in doing so, you can help raise the probability that it will.
How Can Reiki Enhance Your Self-Development and Self-Esteem?
Because Reiki hasn’t been scientifically proven as yet, you might be wondering if it could actually help you in your quest for deepened self-development and stronger self-esteem.
Consider these points:
1. Undergoing Reiki allows you to relax. During Reiki you’re laying down quietly, usually on a masseuse’s table. You’ll likely be relaxed throughout the process, lessening your stress levels and increasing your overall sense of well-being. Making time for relaxation is essential for growth and can even open pathways to help you solve problems.
2. Taking part in Reiki is a unique experience. There are few other experiences that are similar to having Reiki done. In a sense, you will expand your mind just by taking part in Reiki – it’s a new and different experience. Reiki might even peak your interest in the healing arts and in exploring other experiences that may improve your physical, mental and emotional well-being.
3. Suggestion is powerful. When Reiki practitioners deliver their treatment methods, they’ll likely make certain suggestions about balancing your chakras and meridians. Because you’ll be so relaxed at the time, it’s possible that you’ll take in the suggestions more fully and do what’s necessary to feel better. Once you start to feel positive results from the suggestions, you’ll be more open to additional suggestions and want to reinforce the good results.
4. Taking part in Reiki can increase your feelings of well-being. Although the effects of Reiki haven’t been scientifically proven, when you do anything to feel better – incorporating your intention and your openness to alternative therapies, it can be helpful. When you take action – giving positive attention to the troubling issue – you also are more open to potential resolutions to the issue. In this case, undergoing Reiki may be a means to an end.
Reiki is a fascinating healing art that could pique your interest and boost your intentions toward continual self-development and self-improvement. There are times in life when it’s refreshing to try something new, different, and a bit unusual. You’ll relax, have a unique experience, and increase your well-being.
Open your mind to this unique healing art form that just might be your cup of tea for strengthened health and increased self-development.