A rough day at work can really set a negative tone for the rest of your week. It’s easy for one day’s challenges to make you feel as if you’re utterly incapable of successfully completing your duties for the days that follow.
The good news is that there’s a fix! You can actually end a bad day at work and turn it around in a more positive direction so that the following day you’re back on your A-game. What must you do? Sharpen your focus and your mind before bed so it’s 100% renewed by morning.
Take a look at these easy, effective mind-sharpening exercises:
1. Meditation. Meditation is a simple, effective way to give your mind clarity so you’re equipped to handle any of life’s challenges. Taking deep, intense breaths is perhaps the best way to renew and rejuvenate a worn-out mind.
* Put in one of your favorite yoga DVDs and move with the techniques for 30 minutes to an hour.
* Fill your tub with water, add a few drops of lavender essential oil or bath salts, and allow yourself to soak in the quiet relaxation of your bathroom.
2. Get some laughs. Part of the reason you feel unable to work effectively after a rough start to the week is stress. You may not necessarily be able to identify a particular stressor, but that overwhelmed feeling you have is likely due to stress. And what’s the best way to eliminate the effects? Get some laughs!
* Rent a blockbuster comedy and watch it from beginning to end. You’re going to experience clarity and sharpness like never before once you’re done!
* Get together with friends for a laid back evening and share some heartfelt laughs. You’ll feel recharged and ready to take on the world.
3. Put your brain to work. Putting your brain to work on things outside of work is another great way to get your mind ticking again. The mind is one of those tools that works better when engaged, so go ahead and engage it!
* Pick up a crossword puzzle or spend some time figuring out a few Sudoku games.
* Play a game or sport that requires intense hand-eye coordination, as such games engage the mind as well.
4. Modify your diet. There are certain foods that are great for sharpening the mind. In fact, if you had been eating them during the course of that rough day, you’d probably have come out victorious instead of feeling like you’re on the brink of a breakdown!
* Foods and beverages rich in antioxidants are known to have very healthy benefits for the brain. Fill up on green tea as well as fruits and vegetables so your mind can return to a state of sharpness.
* More and more, science is revealing that omega-3 fatty acids are effective at promoting brain health. You can find omega-3 fatty acids in certain types of fish like salmon, tuna, sardines and trout.
It’s pretty easy to regroup and prepare your mind for any challenges being thrown at you. All you have to do is ensure that mind-sharpening exercises are integrated into your day to day health and fitness activities.
With very little effort, any issues threatening to make your day disastrous can be brushed aside as minor distractions!