Today’s post is going to be a Q&A session focusing on Capsule Wardrobes – a topic I get […]
Your wardrobe is one of many lifestyle choices that can help you stay healthy and improve your self-confidence and self-esteem. Choose wisely when it comes to clothing, shoes and bags with these tips.
Improving Your Health with Clothing:
- Wear the correct size. Tight clothing can cause circulatory problems and aggravate high blood pressure. Buy clothing that fits comfortably. Use the size tags only as a guideline to help you choose – if seeing that tag upsets you, cut it out after you decide to keep the garment. Don’t let a size tag control your self-esteem or self-confidence. That goes for jewelry as well – choose what fits you and what is proportionally attractive for your ‘right now’ body.
- Dress for the climate. Let your local weather forecast help you decide what to wear. Harsh winters call for coats, hats, gloves and boots to help keep you healthy and comfortable. High heat and humidity is easier to bear when you’re decked out in light weight and loose fitting gear that allows air to circulate. Choose lightweight layers to help you transition from outdoor heat to indoor air conditioning.
- Protect yourself from the sun. Keep using your sunscreen and let your garments provide an additional line of defense. Hats shield the delicate skin on your face and neck year round. Toss on a tunic or sarong after your swim at the beach or pool.
- Customize your bra to your shape. Bras with adequate support help reduce back pain, and when supplemented by muscle-building exercise, can improve your posture. Specialty shops and department stores often offer free fittings. Fuller figures may need underwire and front hook closures – and the fuller your figure, the more closures (3 or more hooks versus 2) you may need.
- Shop for compression socks. Many doctors recommend compression socks for patients who are recovering from medical procedures or have conditions like diabetes that interfere with circulation. They’re also great for anyone who wants to boost blood flow or stands on their feet all day.
With winter weather firmly in place here on the East Coast (we’re digging out from a HUGE storm […]
Have you been wishing you could change your appearance? Are you growing tired of your hair, skin, body shape or size, or even just the style of your clothing? If you’ve experienced any of these feelings – and they are common as we move into a new year, or sometimes a new month – you might enjoy a mini-makeover.
How you feel about your body image has a substantial effect on how you feel about yourself as a person. Everyone needs a boost to his or her body image once in awhile. And it just feels good to make some changes to your personal appearance, which will help you to love who and what you see in the mirror every single day.
Young girls get bombarded with media messages that can make it hard for them to feel good about their appearance. Here are some practical ways to help young girls develop healthy self-esteem about her appearance.
Girls as young as 8 – 10 are now worrying about their weight, their body shape, and what they wear at a higher level than ever before. Competition among young girls to attract attention from the opposite sex is happening at a younger age – a time when they should not be worried about it.
Does your wardrobe serve your personal and professional goals? Do you have ideas for incorporating new colors, new […]